Fixed tooth dental bridges can be great but tooth bridgework alternatives and Cosmetic Dentistry options also may include all Dental Implants, mini Implants, immediate Dental Implants, Crowns, Braces, Veneers, Precision Dentures, Tooth Bleaching, Teeth Whitening, Cosmetic Bonding, Latest Ceramic Restorations, Second Opinions, Smile Profiling, Gum Diseases treatment, Tooth wear and worn, uneven teeth, Periodontal Plastic Surgery, TMJ's, Difficult Occlusions, Root canal treatment, Trauma and Emergencies; Anxious or Nervous Patients welcome too!
Bridges rely on the teeth next to any tooth space, to carry a replacement tooth. When you are missing one or more teeth, you have several possible options eg:
1. Delay treatment
2. Implant/bone grafts
3. Partial denture
4. Braces or Space maintainer
1. Delaying treatment is the least-desirable option if the occlusion bite is not stable. Things will only get worse or options reduce or bridge complications prevent ideal results being achieved sometimes.
2. An implant with a crown could be a good choice.Treatment time is much longer, but if there is enough foundation bone left, you may not need an additional bone-graft operation. Also your dentist often wouldn't have to modify the teeth next to the space. Implants are usually the most expensive and time-consuming option though.
3. Partial dentures could work well if several teeth are missing with gum and bone loss too. It fills in the tissues lost by tooth and gum, but depends on remaining teeth and soft tissues to stay in. They are removable and require some adaption, but are a more economic option to replace multiple teeth, but they aren't fixed-in like bridges or implants.
4. Space maintainers are used to stop teeth tipping/closing any gap before a suitable replacement is in place. In children this is used to hold a space for the unerupted permanent teeth, or to wait until teeth can be restored with one of the above options. It is a temporary option.
5. Bridgework relies on adjacent teeth being strong enough to carry "extra" teeth, but usually avoids surgery or a "plate" denture.
Dr.Kilcoyne is a fully registered UK Specialist in Prosthodontics ,which includes Implants, Crowns, Veneers, Dentures, Bonding etc, to Restore or Replace teeth functionally and cosmetically so you can have a Smile that you can be proud of, without compromise. Yes all this expertise, experience and excellent track-record have a price, but we still believe it is Good Value for the level of Specialist Quality one is getting and can be confident in.
Let Dr.Kilcoyne examine you so that you can make the Optimum choice for you - everyone and their bite is different!
We hope whether you seek your treatment from SmileSpecialist® or elsewhere, that the wide range of information provided on our Website will help you in discussions with your own Dentist, so you can fully consider which options best meet your needs, budget and long-term wishes for your Dental Health.
You can use the above website menu or just click-a-link here for Specialist or Advanced aspects of Cosmetic Dentistry, Tooth Veneers, Tooth Whitening, Dental Tooth Implants and smaller Mini-Implants, Dental Ceramic Crowns, Gum Diseases and Bad Breath, Root Canal treatments or Dental CPD Courses, are just some of the subjects you can learn more about here on our award winning dental website www.smilespecialist.co.uk.
As always, Prevention is cheaper and better than Cure - that includes Preventing making bad choices based on costs alone !
Wishing you good Dental Health AND a Smile to be proud of, from all at the SmileSpecialist® Team.